Monday, March 2, 2015

Heirloom Paul Robeson Tomato

I've grown several different types of tomatoes over the years, but until today, I never even heard of a "Paul Robeson Tomato" before. This is a Russian heirloom tomato that is named after an equal rights advocate, Paul Robeson. I don't know anything about the guy or why they named this veggie/fruit after him, but I'm curious about growing some of these regardless. What got my attention, was when I seen some new seeds listed on a seed & nursery company's website. Well, this is what all the hoopla & ballyhoo was about. LOL!

After I read that it has a smoky flavor with a well-balanced acid/sweet taste, I really became interested in this Russian heirloom. They say the Paul Robeson tomato has such an amazing flavor that the true tomato connoisseurs out there can't get enough of 'em. Wait a minute... A tomato connoisseur? You have got to be kidding me; ha-ha! Anyway, its surface has a brick-red to black color when ripe, which also adds to the unique properties it has. After checking around the Internet, I noticed that a lot of seed/garden websites have these. Even Amazon.com has Paul Robeson tomato seeds, so maybe they are not as rare as I initially thought.

Shopping Link: "Click Here for Tomato Seeds via Amazon"

Image Credit: Fair Use - Product Image - Amazon.com

---End of Post "Heirloom Paul Robeson Tomato"

No comments:

Post a Comment